Paper Feed Adjustment
Banding can occur if the Ricoh printer requires adjustment of the print head and/or paper feed mechanisms. Ricoh provides utilities to help users make these adjustments. See the Ricoh Adjustment Guide for instructions on how to perform the following via the printer panel.
- Click the Apple icon, System Preferences or select the System Preferences icon in your dock.
- Click on Print & Fax.
- Highlight the printer on the left side and select Options & Supplies.
- Click on the Utility tab and then select Open Printer Utility.
- Select Adjust Paper Feed.
6. In the new window, click Next and then Next again to print.
7. Check the optimal adjustment values on the printed test pattern.
The optimal adjustment value is the number that appears on the left of the lightest gray square with straight horizontal lines on both sides. When this number is "+2" as seen below, the optimal adjustment value is "+2".
- When horizontal lines beside the lightest gray square are broken, as seen below, select the optimal adjustment value by referring to the lines broken in the opposite direction. When the "+2" square is the lightest and the "+6+ horizontal lines are broken in the opposite direction, the optimal adjustment value is between "+3" and "+5".
- Enter the optimal adjustment value (-14 to +14) in the Paper feed value box and click Finish.
- Print and press a test image to see if the banding has stopped.
- If not, continue on to printhead adjustment.